Friday, September 5, 2008

ACTION DRAWING



Last summer, my friend and fellow skateboarder, Greg Roman, invited me to participate in a series of artist time lapse films he had been making. After a few weeks of brainstorming, I finally came up with the perfect solution; to continue a series of drawings I have been doing for a number of years. After discussing it with Greg, he came over late one night (after the studio had cooled down to a tolerable temperature) and we proceeded to make this piece together, at one sitting. I also created the accompanying audio track for the short, recreating my own previous performance of Steve Reich's 'Pendulum Music'.

Thanks to Greg for being such an open minded collaborator. And thanks to art collector/patron, Derek Baurmann, for providing partial funding for this film.

No comments: