Monday, May 24, 2010

CONGRATS DP!!!!






Thankfully, the bruised and battered Master of Disaster, Duane Peters was there, doing what he does best.....staying on edge. Duane's determination and trademark, sketchy style earned him a 5th place finish in the Masters Division at the 2010 ProTec Pool Party. DP finished just ahead of other notable legends, Christian Hosoi, Jeff Grosso, Lester Kasai, Steve Alba, Ben Schroeder and more...Cab took the win, followed by Miller, Lance and Nicky Guerrero.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Duane on Saturday, but I occasionally read his Twitter page and website (which is always a very surreal experience). It made me happy to read Duane's own words, right after the Masters Final, in response to his afternoon (edited for clarity, punctuation, spelling):

"I just wanna say that I am so fucking grateful to be on the planet still and to skate with all the Old Guys and all the Pros! It means everything to me! It is the best feeling and I get so high off the whole atmosphere of it all! It's the most familiar, good feeling I know of...when I'm driving home every problem I have is gone for a few hours because I'm loaded out of my mind on skate(boarding)!!! Doctors should prescribe the shit because it is better than any anti-depressant I've ever had. I hope I can, for once, always remember that, day-by-day, as we roll-on thru this rad crazy life!"

-Duane Peters, May 23, 2010



Congrats DP and enjoy Hawaii!

Above photo MRZ©2010 from Vans.com


    No comments: