Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SKATE AND CREATE FUNDRAISER




(More posts about skateboarding!? Hey, at least it's not just another YouTube link!)



The folks at Pour It Now in Columbia, South Carolina recently invited me to participate in their upcoming fundraiser show. Pour It Now is an organization that is dedicated to creating public awareness and securing funding for skateboard facilities within the state of SC. You may recall that earlier this year, I teamed up with Pour It Now and Kevin Taylor to present a unique display of skateboarding and general creative activities at the Columbia Museum of Art.

From 1981-1989, I was a resident of Charleston and it's where I discovered skateboarding...above are a few photos of my contribution to the event; another one-off, hand-pulled, screenprinted skateboard, featuring my photos of SC skateboarding from the Summer 1988 issue of my 'zine, Streetscribe

The show happens next weekend, September 11-13th, 2009 at Gallery 80808. All work, including the one above, is up for sale and all proceeds will benefit Pour It Now.

No comments: