Wednesday, November 19, 2008

PAINTERS PAINTING




I am not a painter, but this is a clip from a pretty classic film, Painters Painting, 1974, Emilio de Antonio. I used to watch it all the time in the library at SCAD (when it was on Bull Street).

I suppose my previous post, art OR design, had me on the hunt for another, semi-related, Rauschenberg entry. I never tire of looking at his work, hearing his stories or learning about his influences. I fortunately found this, but was hoping it would be footage of him working on the 'Cardboards'. Regardless, Bob talking about his 'Erased de Kooning' is pretty amusing and one of my 'top ten' all time favorite works of art. And considering the Retractions works I am developing at the moment, is very relevant.


EDIT (See this film in it's entirety here)

No comments: