Saturday, June 26, 2010

Eames Inspiration



Back in April, I was fortunate enough to get guided tour of the entire (exterior AND interior) of the Eames Case Study House in Santa Monica. In addition the Josef Albers painting that was casually hanging in a hallway of the home, the other unexpected inspiration in the home was Charles Eames' personal 'copy' (one of the very first ever produced) of the Eames Lounger. The leather on the chair was as ragged, patinaed and worn as baseball glove, and incredibly beautiful.

Fortunately, after a few months of hunting online and several auctions lost, my wife and I are bringing home a second-hand Eames Lounger of our own today. And thanks to some helpful advice from a friend, I'll be able to manage the disassembly/reassembly process to transport the item in the back of our station wagon. (Thanks Andy!)



I can't wait to spend a few hours reviewing some of my favorite reference books in the comfort of this beauty...



No comments: