Thursday, October 29, 2009

JRF for GDS







A new skateboard shop, Guilford Dairy Skate in Greensboro, NC, recently contacted me about doing some graphics. After learning about the building that houses the retail operation, a former neighborhood dairy bar, I immediately started researching the history of the now-defunct, Guilford Dairy Co-op. Fortunately, I was able to discover an assortment of vintage Guilford Dairy milk bottles, ice cream cartons and related items. Those objects, complete with their elegant and simple, 1950's era, agricultural-style branding, served as reference and inspiration for the graphic solutions above.

Thanks to shop owner/operator, Kevin Townsend, for tracking me down and giving me creative freedom on this project. Look for an limited edition series of boards and tees to be released by Guilford Dairy Skate sometime soon.

No comments: